Assignment: Well Woman Health Screenings
Please read the following two scenarios and choose ONLY ONE for your initial post; be sure to address all the questions posed and include at least three scholarly sources within your initial post.
Breast Cancer Screening
A 39-year-old female presents to your office for her annual well-woman exam. She reports that she has a maternal aunt and a cousin who have had breast cancer, so she does her self-breast exams every month. She would like to start getting mammograms, but her friends all say she doesn’t need to worry about a mammogram until she’s at least close to 50.
1. What are the mammogram recommendations from American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ACOG), American Cancer Society (ACS), and United States Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF)?
2. What is meant by shared decision-making regarding screening for breast cancer?
3. What are the screening recommendations regarding self-breast exams and clinical breast exams?
4. Based on the scenario provided, what recommendations would you give this patient?
5. What factored into your decision making?
Cervical Cancer Prevention/Screening
An 18-year-old is accompanied by her mother for her first visit to the gynecologist. She has never been sexually active. She has no concerns with her menses. Her mom reports that she brought her in “because she is 18 and when I turned 18, I had to get my first Pap smear.” Her mother requests the patient have a Pap smear and be tested for HPV “just in case.” The patient is up to date on all vaccines “mandatory for school” but has never had the HPV vaccine.
1. What are the recommendations on the HPV vaccine?
2. How would you counsel this patient about the HPV vaccine?
3. What are the current ASCCP guidelines for Pap smears and HPV testing?
4. How will you explain the rationale to the patient and the mother?
– Please include at least 3 scholarly sources within your initial post.
– APA style.
– Turnitin Assignment (No plagiarism)
Note: My background for you to have as a reference: I am currently enrolled in the Psych Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Program, I am a Registered Nurse. I work in a Psychiatric Hospital.
At Myrestlab.com, we always work diligently to provide our customers with high-quality nursing assignment help services. We ensure that all papers by our writers possess 100% originality. We also guarantee all students of 100% privacy and confidentiality when working with us.
At Myrestlab.com, our mission is to provide quality services to all students. We, therefore, guarantee money-backs for the rare occasions of satisfaction. Your satisfaction is our goal.Read more
All our nursing assignment help services are 100% original. Each of our professional writers develops custom papers from scratch to reduce the chances of plagiarism. In addition to this, we always run completed papers through advanced anti-plagiarism checkers for 100% originality.Read more
Our free revision guarantee is a courtesy service by Myrestlab.com to ensure that we achieve 100% customer satisfaction rates. In case you feel unsatisfied with the outcome of your paper, you can always request for free unlimited revisions. We recommend a revision request within 14 days after the delivery date for short papers and 30 for dissertations.Read more
Myrestlab.com also guarantee 100 privacy and confidentiality. We do not share any of our customers’ personal details with third parties. We have also fitted our websites with security features to ensure secure connections. Our security features also prevent damages that might occur through attacks by outsiders.Read more
By ordering a paper through My Rest Lab, you agree to receive nursing assignment help services offered by our nursing assignment writers. Our assignment help experts will always endear to provide quality services as promised. We always expect maximum cooperation from our students to help us achieve our mission and vision.Read more