1. Which of the following behaviors may be: (1) ethical but illegal, (2) legal but unethical, (3) illegal and unethical, and (4) legal and ethical.
a) Working in a clinic that performs abortions.
b) Respecting the wishes of a client suffering from ALS that he be permitted to die with dignity and not placed on “breathing machines”
c) Respecting the health surrogate’s wishes regarding termination of life support of her friend.
d) Observing a coworker take out two tablets of oxycodone as ordered for pain management for his patient but keeping one for himself, administering only one tablet to the patient.
2. Differentiate among the following: deontological theories, utilitarianism, and principlism.
3. What do you think about health-care professionals disclosing information to clients about a poor prognosis, even though the information may cause severe distress.
4. What do they think about health-care professionals disclosing information to clients against family wishes?
5. You see a colleague use another nurse’s password to access the medication administration system and take out a narcotic. What would you do?
6. Your colleague’s child fell and was brought to the emergency department. She comes back up to the unit and tells you that they cleaned and debrided the wound, and she needs to change the dressings twice a day using a wet to dry method. You see her go into the supply system and remove the dressings and saline using a patient’s identification number. What would you do?
7. You are caring for a patient who has a terminal disease. He asks you if he is dying. Would you tell him? If yes, how? If no, what might you say? .
8. You are administering hydromorphone to a patient. The patient asks you what you are administering. Would you tell the patient about the medication?
Essentials of Nursing Leadership & Management 6th Edition Sally A. Weiss MSN, EdD, RN, CNE, ANEF Ruth M. Tappen EdD, RN, FAAN ISBN-13: 978-0-8036-3663-7
At Myrestlab.com, we always work diligently to provide our customers with high-quality nursing assignment help services. We ensure that all papers by our writers possess 100% originality. We also guarantee all students of 100% privacy and confidentiality when working with us.
At Myrestlab.com, our mission is to provide quality services to all students. We, therefore, guarantee money-backs for the rare occasions of satisfaction. Your satisfaction is our goal.Read more
All our nursing assignment help services are 100% original. Each of our professional writers develops custom papers from scratch to reduce the chances of plagiarism. In addition to this, we always run completed papers through advanced anti-plagiarism checkers for 100% originality.Read more
Our free revision guarantee is a courtesy service by Myrestlab.com to ensure that we achieve 100% customer satisfaction rates. In case you feel unsatisfied with the outcome of your paper, you can always request for free unlimited revisions. We recommend a revision request within 14 days after the delivery date for short papers and 30 for dissertations.Read more
Myrestlab.com also guarantee 100 privacy and confidentiality. We do not share any of our customers’ personal details with third parties. We have also fitted our websites with security features to ensure secure connections. Our security features also prevent damages that might occur through attacks by outsiders.Read more
By ordering a paper through My Rest Lab, you agree to receive nursing assignment help services offered by our nursing assignment writers. Our assignment help experts will always endear to provide quality services as promised. We always expect maximum cooperation from our students to help us achieve our mission and vision.Read more