The “Pulse” Check. Where are you in your journey and how are you doing?
DQ2 of Week 5 is an opportunity for you to self-assess and reflect on your journey. You can write about it expressing your navigation through the Role course. Model from the scripts in this week but be specific to your experience.
Evaluate how you have achieved course competencies and your plans to develop further in these areas. The course competencies for this course are as follows:
1. Explore the historical evolution of the advance practice nurse.
2. Differentiate the roles and scope of practice for nurses working in advanced clinical, education, administration, informatics, research, and health policy arenas.
3. Analyze attributes of the practice arena such as access and availability, degree of consumer choice, competition, and financing that impact advanced practice nurses and their ability to effectively collaborate with other health professionals.
4. Integrate evidence from research and theory into discussions of practice competencies, health promotion and disease prevention strategies, quality improvement, and safety standards.
5. Identify collaborative, organizational, communication, and leadership skills in working with other professionals in healthcare facilities and/or academic institutions.
6. Synthesize knowledge from values theory, ethics, and legal/regulatory statutes in the development of a personal philosophy for a career as an advanced practice nurse.
Guidelines: Support your responses with scholarly academic references using APA style format. Assigned course readings and online library resources are preferred. Weekly lecture notes are designed as overviews to the topic for the respective week and should not serve as a citation or reference.
In your discussion question response, provide a substantive response that illustrates a well-reasoned and thoughtful response; is factually correct with relevant scholarly citations, references, and examples that demonstrate a clear connection to the readings.
Article and Videos
Read the following peer reviewed article. Incorporate key points in your DQ 1 and any other assignment.
Strech, S., & Wyatt, D. A. (2013). Partnering to lead change: Nurses’ role in the redesign of health care. Association of Operating Room Nurses.AORN Journal, 98(3), 260-6. doi:http://dx.doi.org.southuniversity.libproxy.edmc.edu/10.1016/j.aorn.2013.07.006
A Day in the Life: Nurse Educator A Day in the Life – Susan, Nurse Educator, MSN, RN, Ph.D. Candidate ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_sG4GRtP-o )
A Day in the Life: Family Nurse Practitioner A Day in the Life – Steve (Family Nurse Practitioner) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-kL1OFbCC8 )
A Day in the Life: Palliative Care NP A Day in the Life – Lauren (Nurse Practitioner- Palliative Care) ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYvL_KhG_YM )
The Role of the Midwife The role of a midwife – 24/7 case loading midwife and what they do. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XVcI168IeI )
At Myrestlab.com, we always work diligently to provide our customers with high-quality nursing assignment help services. We ensure that all papers by our writers possess 100% originality. We also guarantee all students of 100% privacy and confidentiality when working with us.
At Myrestlab.com, our mission is to provide quality services to all students. We, therefore, guarantee money-backs for the rare occasions of satisfaction. Your satisfaction is our goal.Read more
All our nursing assignment help services are 100% original. Each of our professional writers develops custom papers from scratch to reduce the chances of plagiarism. In addition to this, we always run completed papers through advanced anti-plagiarism checkers for 100% originality.Read more
Our free revision guarantee is a courtesy service by Myrestlab.com to ensure that we achieve 100% customer satisfaction rates. In case you feel unsatisfied with the outcome of your paper, you can always request for free unlimited revisions. We recommend a revision request within 14 days after the delivery date for short papers and 30 for dissertations.Read more
Myrestlab.com also guarantee 100 privacy and confidentiality. We do not share any of our customers’ personal details with third parties. We have also fitted our websites with security features to ensure secure connections. Our security features also prevent damages that might occur through attacks by outsiders.Read more
By ordering a paper through My Rest Lab, you agree to receive nursing assignment help services offered by our nursing assignment writers. Our assignment help experts will always endear to provide quality services as promised. We always expect maximum cooperation from our students to help us achieve our mission and vision.Read more