Please read through all the instructions for structuring the Final Version of the Second Paper (below).
Having chosen your topic, in a maximum of 2 pages, using the template provided, create an outline of your paper based on the 6 section headings indicated in the instructions.
All citations (from reputative sources like peer reviewed articles or other reputative sources) added in the outline bullet points should be in APA – create your provisional reference list on an additional, 3rd page.
In each section, bullet point 2-5 sentence summaries of the key arguments you intend to make, and provide preliminary in-text citations of the papers or other resource material you intend to use to support your argument/s.
Use a mind-map to help you design your paper and include an image of it with your outline on an additional page to help the reader.
Your TA will provide you with broad feedback about your proposed approach and chosen material for each section of the paper, possibly reminding you to consider alternatives.
Write a paper 7 pages in length, double spaced, with a twelve point, Times New Roman font, and one-inch margins. In the paper, consider the following case:
Quebec is considering outlawing the sale of caffeinated ‘energy’ drinks to persons under 16. This proposed policy is motivated by concerns that these drinks are unsafe for children and teenagers and could even lead to death.
Is the proposed ban ethically defensible? If so, why? If not, why not? What would be the most ethically defensible means of introducing a ban or some other policy to address the health impacts of energy drinks on young persons? Consider the perspectives and interests of children/teens, parents, energy drink makers, and the general public when answering these questions.
Your paper should have the following structure – create a subheading for each section
1. INTRODUCTION Give a very short (two or three sentence) introductory paragraph that includes a clear thesis statement. Be specific. Example: “In this paper, I will argue that Kass’ public health ethics framework demonstrates that the current vaccination policy in Ontario is ethically justified and should even be strengthened….”
2. RELEVANT FACTS – Give any facts relevant to the case, proposed policy, and to your argument. For example, you may wish to discuss issues around the effects of cigarette advertising or caffeine drinks. You may use the readings from class, journals, newspapers, and online resources for this task. You must include at least five high quality outside resources for this part of the paper.
3. THESIS ARGUMENT – Provide an argument for your thesis. Be clear as to your assumptions and claims and how they are defended. You should draw on the authors, concepts, and ethical theories/frameworks/principles (GIVEN BELOW). In defense of your thesis, clearly state the ethical values, concepts, frameworks, principles, and/or theories that you are using, as well as the arguments supporting their use. Be clear as to why you are using these concepts, frameworks, principles, and/or theories, and why you believe them to be correct. You may use a single theory and set of concepts, endorse a balance between various competing theories and concepts, or present a series of principles or framework for resolving conflicts in public health.
4. CRITIQUES OF OWN VIEW Offer one or two critiques of your view. Put yourself in the position of a critic and offer the strongest critical response(s) to your view available. This portion of the paper allows you to make sure that you are developing the strongest argument possible by rebutting the best objection(s) your opponent can offer to your view.
5. RESPONSE to Critique in #4 above – offer one response to your opponent. (Optional: you may add a second response if you have more than one critique. Only one response is necessary for full marks for this section) If you do not believe an effective response is available, grant the point and amend your thesis accordingly.
6. CONCLUSION: A concise paragraph
USE AMONG THESE FOLLOWING THEORIES, FRAMEWORKS and PRINCIPLES
Theories: Consequentialism Utilitarianism, Deontology Kantism, Paternalism, Liberalism, Liberty and Harm principle, Freedom and Autonomy, Libertarianism, Communitarianism, Egalitarian
Frameworks: Nancy E. Kass’ Ethics Framework / Grill and Dawson’s Value based and pluralist Framework / Childress’ Consideration / Berheim
Principles: Beauchamp and Childress 4 principles of bioethics (Autonomy, Beneficence, non-maleficence, Justice) / Upshur’s four principles (Harm principle, least restrictive or coercive, reciprocity, transparence) / Precautionary principle / Common good principle /
At Myrestlab.com, we always work diligently to provide our customers with high-quality nursing assignment help services. We ensure that all papers by our writers possess 100% originality. We also guarantee all students of 100% privacy and confidentiality when working with us.
At Myrestlab.com, our mission is to provide quality services to all students. We, therefore, guarantee money-backs for the rare occasions of satisfaction. Your satisfaction is our goal.Read more
All our nursing assignment help services are 100% original. Each of our professional writers develops custom papers from scratch to reduce the chances of plagiarism. In addition to this, we always run completed papers through advanced anti-plagiarism checkers for 100% originality.Read more
Our free revision guarantee is a courtesy service by Myrestlab.com to ensure that we achieve 100% customer satisfaction rates. In case you feel unsatisfied with the outcome of your paper, you can always request for free unlimited revisions. We recommend a revision request within 14 days after the delivery date for short papers and 30 for dissertations.Read more
Myrestlab.com also guarantee 100 privacy and confidentiality. We do not share any of our customers’ personal details with third parties. We have also fitted our websites with security features to ensure secure connections. Our security features also prevent damages that might occur through attacks by outsiders.Read more
By ordering a paper through My Rest Lab, you agree to receive nursing assignment help services offered by our nursing assignment writers. Our assignment help experts will always endear to provide quality services as promised. We always expect maximum cooperation from our students to help us achieve our mission and vision.Read more