Variables and Hypotheses
Download the Assignment Worksheet and respond to each of the five questions.
Read the following research experiment conducted by the Police Foundation in 1974:
Kelling, G. L., Pate, T., Dieckman, D., & Brown, C. E. (1974). The Kansas City preventive patrol experiment: A summary report. Police Foundation. Retrieved from https://www.policefoundation.org/publication/the-kansas-city-preventive-patrol-experiment/
The Kansas City preventive patrol experiment: Police Foundation. Retrieved from https://www.policefoundation.org/projects/the-kansas-city-preventive-patrol-experiment/
The experiment focused on the following research questions:
· Would citizens notice changes in the level of police patrol?
· Would different levels of visible police patrol affect recorded crime or the outcome of victim surveys?
· Would citizen fear of crime and attendant behavior change as a result of differing patrol levels?
· Would their degree of satisfaction with police change?
Pick ONE of the research questions above and complete the following five exercises.
1. Identify one independent variable from the selected research question.
2. Indicate how the independent variable identified in #1 could be measured (conceptualize, operationalize, and describe the level of measurement for this variable).
3. Identify one dependent variable from the selected research question.
4. Indicate how the dependent variable identified in #3 could be measured (conceptualize, operationalize, and describe the level of measurement for this variable).
5. Express the research question in a measureable hypothesis statement (ensure that the hypothesis statement includes the independent variable and the dependent variable you identified in items 1 and 2 above). Use the following structure to help formulate your answer:
____ with ____ are more/less likely to ____ than ___ without ______
(subjects) with (independent variable) are more/less likely to (dependent variable) than (subjects) without (independent variable)
At Myrestlab.com, we always work diligently to provide our customers with high-quality nursing assignment help services. We ensure that all papers by our writers possess 100% originality. We also guarantee all students of 100% privacy and confidentiality when working with us.
At Myrestlab.com, our mission is to provide quality services to all students. We, therefore, guarantee money-backs for the rare occasions of satisfaction. Your satisfaction is our goal.Read more
All our nursing assignment help services are 100% original. Each of our professional writers develops custom papers from scratch to reduce the chances of plagiarism. In addition to this, we always run completed papers through advanced anti-plagiarism checkers for 100% originality.Read more
Our free revision guarantee is a courtesy service by Myrestlab.com to ensure that we achieve 100% customer satisfaction rates. In case you feel unsatisfied with the outcome of your paper, you can always request for free unlimited revisions. We recommend a revision request within 14 days after the delivery date for short papers and 30 for dissertations.Read more
Myrestlab.com also guarantee 100 privacy and confidentiality. We do not share any of our customers’ personal details with third parties. We have also fitted our websites with security features to ensure secure connections. Our security features also prevent damages that might occur through attacks by outsiders.Read more
By ordering a paper through My Rest Lab, you agree to receive nursing assignment help services offered by our nursing assignment writers. Our assignment help experts will always endear to provide quality services as promised. We always expect maximum cooperation from our students to help us achieve our mission and vision.Read more