1. When Bob, a manager at the local printing press, assessed the level of uncertainty against the risk of making a decision with incomplete information, he engaged in the following step of the rational decision making model:
A.State the problem or opportunity
B Generate alternatives.
C. Identify company limitations
D .Evaluate alternatives
E. Choose a solution.
F .Develop a plan of implementation.
2. Which of the following is not an obstacle to creating strategic alternatives:
A. Focus on the past
B. Focus on perceived cost
D .Insufficient Training
E. Focus on the future
3. Reordering raw materials, renewing employment contracts, and following company procedures are examples of _______________.
a. Non-programmed decisions
b. Qualitative decisions
c. Irrational decisions
d. Programmed decisions
4. Ron Jacks is a shareholder in a company that manufactures metal filing cabinets. He was recently looking at his company’s organization chart in an attempt to figure out who reports to his Cousin Bob, who tells Ron that he is a company VIP. Jacks is studying the organization’s:
a. degree of formalization.
b. amount of differentiation.
C. commitment to centralization
D .Line Authority
E. division of labor
5. When John Smith, CEO of Telectronix decided to optimize services by distinguishing his organization’s product offering based on the needs of different groups of consumers, he departmentalized by:
c. Geographic Region
6. Sharon’s subordinates are highly trained and all perform similar tasks. Raymond’s subordinates are spread over two locations, and he has little available in the way of support systems. Which of the following statements is most correct?
a. Raymond’s span of management can be larger than Sharon’s.
b .Sharon will have problems with unity of command.
C. Sharon’s span of management can be larger than Raymond’s.
D. Sharon has more problems with work specialization.
e. Raymond works with a centralized department.
7. When Jennifer Jones, VP of Marketing at Nomes, a financial service provider, stated that the new vision of the group was to “prepare their clients for the future”, rallied her team and all required stakeholders behind this vision, and reoriented her team to achieve this goal, she engaged in the following step of the roadmap for change:
a. Plan and organize for implementation
b. Create organizational vision, commitment, and capability
c. Designed the desired state
d. Prepare to lead the change
e. Learn and course correct
8. The following is a deliverable of the _______.
Authorize and fund the change requirements. Manage expectations; maintain operations; model new behaviors and attitudes of the change and new culture; sign off on daily decisions from the change team.
A. Sponsor group
B Leadership change team
C. Executive team
D Change consultant
E. Project team
9. Which one of the following is not a critical criteria for creating a culture of support and innovation?
A. Employees need to enjoy being creative in their work
B. Employees need to be allowed to work from home to encourage “out of the box” thinking
C. Employees need to have jobs that are structured to allow for being innovative in their work.
D. Employees need to believe being innovative is an important part of their jobs.
10. Derek runs Pizza Depot and is a great boss. When the workers at Pizza Depot learned their boss had cancer, they agreed to work extra shifts for free in order to keep the business running. This is an example of:
A. job satisfaction
B. organizational citizenship
C. cognitive dissonance
D. job involvement
11. People generally experience ____ when their work matches their needs and interests, when working conditions and rewards (such as pay) are satisfactory, and when they like their co-workers.
A. job involvement
C. cognitive dissonance
E. job satisfaction
12. Which of the following is not a component of the social learning model?
A. Attentional processes
C. Retention processes
D. Motoric reproduction processes
13. David Packard, founder of Hewlett-Packard, once said, “We have a responsibility to our employees to recognize their dignity as human beings by supporting their efforts and aspirations.” According to the Ohio State Studies, Packard can be described as:
A. high in initiating structure
B. low in initiating structure
C. high in consideration
D. a team leader
E. a task-oriented manager
14. According to the guidelines of goal-setting theory, which of the following goals is likely to stimulate performance?
A. Obtain sales levels 15% over last year
B. Develop a cure for AIDS this year
C. Increase quality levels
D. Sell 85% of defective items overseas within two years.
15. On a Survivor series, a reality television show, members of a newly formed tribe had learned the basic survival skills, although most of them had never practiced them. While no one had tried out for the show that did not have great confidence in his or her own ability to survive, most were not prepared to endure food shortages, monsoon rain conditions, and insect infestations. As a result, a natural leader began using his abilities to encourage the team members to develop their own skills and to use him as a resource for assistance. This tribal leader used a ____ style of leadership.
16. The female employees in the bookkeeping department constantly complained about how cold their offices were. In the organizational setting, this need to have a comfortable temperature is an example of a(n) ____ need as defined by Maslow.
17. Which of the following is the third stage of team development?
18. The job characteristics model offers insights into the interaction between a person and a job. Which of the following is not a component of the job characteristics model?
A. Core job characteristics
B. Critical psychological states
C. Personal and work outcomes
D. Employee growth, need strength, knowledge, and skill
19. Communication is an essential managerial skill as verbal and non-verbal communication systems are the lifeblood of an organization’s operation. Which of the following are ways to overcome barriers to communication?
A. Using multiple communication channels to convey information.
B. Systematically assess an organization’s capacity for, or performance of, essential communications practices
C. Understanding how gossip works, tapping in to what is being said informally, transmitting some types of messages, and actively dealing with false rumors.
D. Tailor the message content to the audience.
E. All of the above
20. Which of the following is not part of the persuasion process?
A. Connecting emotionally
B. Building goals from a common frame
C. Exert power over others
D. Establishing credibility
E. Present a compelling position
At Myrestlab.com, we always work diligently to provide our customers with high-quality nursing assignment help services. We ensure that all papers by our writers possess 100% originality. We also guarantee all students of 100% privacy and confidentiality when working with us.
At Myrestlab.com, our mission is to provide quality services to all students. We, therefore, guarantee money-backs for the rare occasions of satisfaction. Your satisfaction is our goal.Read more
All our nursing assignment help services are 100% original. Each of our professional writers develops custom papers from scratch to reduce the chances of plagiarism. In addition to this, we always run completed papers through advanced anti-plagiarism checkers for 100% originality.Read more
Our free revision guarantee is a courtesy service by Myrestlab.com to ensure that we achieve 100% customer satisfaction rates. In case you feel unsatisfied with the outcome of your paper, you can always request for free unlimited revisions. We recommend a revision request within 14 days after the delivery date for short papers and 30 for dissertations.Read more
Myrestlab.com also guarantee 100 privacy and confidentiality. We do not share any of our customers’ personal details with third parties. We have also fitted our websites with security features to ensure secure connections. Our security features also prevent damages that might occur through attacks by outsiders.Read more
By ordering a paper through My Rest Lab, you agree to receive nursing assignment help services offered by our nursing assignment writers. Our assignment help experts will always endear to provide quality services as promised. We always expect maximum cooperation from our students to help us achieve our mission and vision.Read more