I. Read chapters 14 to 17 from your Text Book
II. Case Study: External Cephalic Version Followed by Induction of Labor
Maya is a 29-year-old G3P2 who arrives at the labor and delivery unit for an external cephalic version (ECV) at 39 weeks and 4 days. Her obstetric history is negative. Her other two births were full-term and uncomplicated normal births. Her medical-surgical history is negative. In the present pregnancy, the fetus was found to be in breech position today at her clinic visit. There have been no other problems in her pregnancy. She expresses fear of the procedure that is to be done, but she also expresses a strong desire to avoid a cesarean birth. She has had no symptoms of labor and denies spontaneous rupture of membranes.
1. What are some contraindications to ECV?
procedure, then the procedure should not be performed; it will further stress the fetus.
2. What nursing care is indicated before the procedure?
3. The ECV was successfully performed, and now Maya and her provider elect to induce labor at patient request because she is afraid the baby might turn again. Maya’s cervix is soft, anterior, fingertip dilated, and long, with the vertex now at −3 station. What method of induction of labor would be most appropriate?
4. The physician inserted a Foley catheter through the cervix and inflated it with 40 mL of normal saline for cervical ripening. Five hours later, Maya calls the nurse and states that the catheter has fallen out. What is the most likely explanation for the expulsion of the catheter?
5. Maya is now dilated 4 cm/60% effaced and the vertex is at −3 station. The physician has ordered oxytocin infusion per protocol. What nursing actions demonstrate safe use of oxytocin?. Get Nursing Assignments Help Today
At Myrestlab.com, we always work diligently to provide our customers with high-quality nursing assignment help services. We ensure that all papers by our writers possess 100% originality. We also guarantee all students of 100% privacy and confidentiality when working with us.
At Myrestlab.com, our mission is to provide quality services to all students. We, therefore, guarantee money-backs for the rare occasions of satisfaction. Your satisfaction is our goal.Read more
All our nursing assignment help services are 100% original. Each of our professional writers develops custom papers from scratch to reduce the chances of plagiarism. In addition to this, we always run completed papers through advanced anti-plagiarism checkers for 100% originality.Read more
Our free revision guarantee is a courtesy service by Myrestlab.com to ensure that we achieve 100% customer satisfaction rates. In case you feel unsatisfied with the outcome of your paper, you can always request for free unlimited revisions. We recommend a revision request within 14 days after the delivery date for short papers and 30 for dissertations.Read more
Myrestlab.com also guarantee 100 privacy and confidentiality. We do not share any of our customers’ personal details with third parties. We have also fitted our websites with security features to ensure secure connections. Our security features also prevent damages that might occur through attacks by outsiders.Read more
By ordering a paper through My Rest Lab, you agree to receive nursing assignment help services offered by our nursing assignment writers. Our assignment help experts will always endear to provide quality services as promised. We always expect maximum cooperation from our students to help us achieve our mission and vision.Read more