Nursing Assignment: The Courage to Teach
Embracing the risks—and accompanying rewards—of teaching means being open and present. As a nurse educator, you will be required to be available to your students even when it is difficult. How will you navigate the challenges of your career?
Noted as a central tenet of Parker J. Palmer’s The Courage to Teach, “[G]ood teaching cannot be reduced to technique but is rooted in the identity and integrity of the teacher” (Palmer, 2007, cover).
Questions to be addressed in my Assignment:
1. Write a 4- to 5-page paper that explains how and why teaching requires courage.
2. Reflect on the insights you have gained from reading and reflecting on Palmer’s The Courage to Teach throughout this course. Why does Palmer say that teaching requires courage? Based on what you have read, what behaviors could illustrate courage in the context of nursing education?
3. Think about your experiences in the Practicum (School of Nursing in the university with the BSN senior nursing students in psychiatric nursing course). As you have observed and worked with educators, what demonstrations of courage, if any, have you noticed?
4. Include insights you have gained from reading The Courage to Teach, as well as examples from your experiences in the Practicum and/or other educational settings.
5. Recall previous educational experiences (Teaching Nursing Assistant students in Hawaii). What situations have you been engaged in that might require an educator to possess fortitude and resilience? As an educator, how do you think you would handle a similar situation?
1. 4- to 5-page paper
2. Put citation and references (at least 5 references)… Articles must be 5 years old (2011-2016).
Palmer, P. J. (2007). The courage to teach: Exploring the inner landscape of a teacher’s life. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
· Chapter I, “The Heart of a Teacher: Identity and Integrity in Teaching” (pp. 9–34)
The author explains why an educator’s identity is significant to teaching, and shares thoughts related to mentoring and the subject matters an educator selects.
At Myrestlab.com, we always work diligently to provide our customers with high-quality nursing assignment help services. We ensure that all papers by our writers possess 100% originality. We also guarantee all students of 100% privacy and confidentiality when working with us.
At Myrestlab.com, our mission is to provide quality services to all students. We, therefore, guarantee money-backs for the rare occasions of satisfaction. Your satisfaction is our goal.Read more
All our nursing assignment help services are 100% original. Each of our professional writers develops custom papers from scratch to reduce the chances of plagiarism. In addition to this, we always run completed papers through advanced anti-plagiarism checkers for 100% originality.Read more
Our free revision guarantee is a courtesy service by Myrestlab.com to ensure that we achieve 100% customer satisfaction rates. In case you feel unsatisfied with the outcome of your paper, you can always request for free unlimited revisions. We recommend a revision request within 14 days after the delivery date for short papers and 30 for dissertations.Read more
Myrestlab.com also guarantee 100 privacy and confidentiality. We do not share any of our customers’ personal details with third parties. We have also fitted our websites with security features to ensure secure connections. Our security features also prevent damages that might occur through attacks by outsiders.Read more
By ordering a paper through My Rest Lab, you agree to receive nursing assignment help services offered by our nursing assignment writers. Our assignment help experts will always endear to provide quality services as promised. We always expect maximum cooperation from our students to help us achieve our mission and vision.Read more