1. A client can bathe most of her body except for the back, hands, and feet. She also can walk to and from the bathroom and dress herself when given clothing. Which functional level describes this client?
Totally dependent (+4)
Moderately dependent (+3)
2. The client is unresponsive and requires total care by nursing staff. Which assessment does the nurse check first before providing special oral care to the client?
Presence of pain
Condition of the skin
Range of motion
3. Which assessment finding would be normal with a client’s hair when giving shampoo?
Dry, dark, thin
Smooth, taut, shiny
Smooth texture and not oily or dry
Tender, warm scalp
4. The client wears an in-the-ear (ITE) hearing aid and because of arthritis needs someone to insert the hearing aid. Which action does the nurse teach the unlicensed assistive personnel (UAP) to do before inserting the client’s hearing aid?
Turn the hearing aid off.
Soak the hearing aid in soapy solution to clean it.
Turn the volume all the way up.
Remove the batteries.
5. When making a client’s bed, the nurse will implement which safety measure?
Begin at the head and move toward the foot, loosening the bottom linens
Miter concerns at the head of the bed
Place the soiled sheet in a laundry bag
Prepare the client
6. The nurse is preparing to provide a morning bath to a client diagnosed with dementia. What can the nurse do to ensure a positive bathing experience for the client? Select all that apply
Help the client feel in control
Avoid stopping once the bath has started
7. The nurse is observing the unlicensed assistive personnel (UAP) perform perineal care for a client. Which action indicates that the nurse needs to discuss additional teaching with the UAP?
Uses a clean portion of the washcloth for each stroke
Wipes from the pubis to the rectum
Uses clean gloves
Does not retract the foreskin
8. The nurse is planning a presentation on oral health at an intergenerational community center. Which statements will be important to include? Select all that apply.
Using a bottle during naps and bedtime can cause dental caries in a toddler.
Schedule a visit to the dentist when your child is ready to go to school.
It is important for parents to supervise a child’s brushing of their teeth.
Most older adults have dentures and don’t need to worry about oral care.
Older adults are at risk for periodontal disease.
9. The nurse is discussing foot care with a client who was recently diagnosed with diabetes. Which statement by the client indicates a need for further teaching?
“I am going to use a mirror to check my feet.”
“I enjoy walking barefoot around the house.”
“I will file my nails.”
“I will increase the time that I wear new shoes each day.”
10. The client is complaining of shortness of breath. His respirations are 28 and labored. The bed is currently in the flat position. The nurse puts the bed in which position?
Reverse Trendelenburg. Get Nursing Help Today
At Myrestlab.com, we always work diligently to provide our customers with high-quality nursing assignment help services. We ensure that all papers by our writers possess 100% originality. We also guarantee all students of 100% privacy and confidentiality when working with us.
At Myrestlab.com, our mission is to provide quality services to all students. We, therefore, guarantee money-backs for the rare occasions of satisfaction. Your satisfaction is our goal.Read more
All our nursing assignment help services are 100% original. Each of our professional writers develops custom papers from scratch to reduce the chances of plagiarism. In addition to this, we always run completed papers through advanced anti-plagiarism checkers for 100% originality.Read more
Our free revision guarantee is a courtesy service by Myrestlab.com to ensure that we achieve 100% customer satisfaction rates. In case you feel unsatisfied with the outcome of your paper, you can always request for free unlimited revisions. We recommend a revision request within 14 days after the delivery date for short papers and 30 for dissertations.Read more
Myrestlab.com also guarantee 100 privacy and confidentiality. We do not share any of our customers’ personal details with third parties. We have also fitted our websites with security features to ensure secure connections. Our security features also prevent damages that might occur through attacks by outsiders.Read more
By ordering a paper through My Rest Lab, you agree to receive nursing assignment help services offered by our nursing assignment writers. Our assignment help experts will always endear to provide quality services as promised. We always expect maximum cooperation from our students to help us achieve our mission and vision.Read more