1) Minimum 10 full pages
Part 1: minimum 1 page
Part 2: minimum 3 pages
Part 3: minimum 3 pages
Part 4: minimum 3 pages
Submit 1 document per part
2)¨******APA norms (Mandatory)
All paragraphs must be narrative and cited in the text- each paragraphs
Bulleted responses are not accepted
Dont write in the first person
Dont copy and pase the questions.
Answer the question objectively, do not make introductions to your answers, answer it when you start the paragraph
3) It will be verified by Turnitin and SafeAssign
4) Minimum 15 references not older than 5 years
Minimum 2 references in part 1
Minimum 5 references in part 2
Minimum 4 references in part 3
Minimum 4 references in part 4
5) ***************Identify your answer with the numbers, according to the question.
Q 1. Nursing is XXXXX
Q 2. Health is XXXX
6) You must name the files according to the part you are answering:
1Discuss how functional patterns help a nurse understand the current and past state of health for a patient.
2)Using a condition or disease associated with an elimination complexity, provide an example.
Purpose: you will distinguish between Medicare and Medicaid. Your paper must include the following topics:
1) Provide a brief history of both Medicare and Medicaid.
2) Define the populations that they are intended to serve.
3) Determine whether your state has expanded Medicaid.
4) Articulate the reasons that states choose not to participate in Medicaid expansion.
5) Analyze your role in your specialized area of nursing practice when interfacing with Medicare and/or Medicaid recipients.
Case Study: Malpractice Action Brought by Yolanda Pinellas
Yolanda Pinellas is a 21-year-old female student studying to be a music conductor. She was admitted for chemotherapy. The medication Mitomycin was administered by intravenous infusion through an infusion pump.
During the evening shift the infusion pump began to beep. The RN found that the IV was dislodged and discontinued the infusion, notified the physician and provided care to the infusion site. The patient testified that a nurse came in and pressed some buttons and the pump stopped beeping. She was groggy and not sure who the nurse was or what was done. The documentation in the medical record indicates that there was an infiltration to the IV.
Two weeks after the event, the patient developed necrosis of the hand and required multiple surgical procedures, skin grafting, and reconstruction. She had permanent loss of function and deformity in her third, fourth, and fifth fingers. The patient is alleging that because of this, she is no longer able to perform as a musical conductor.
The risk manager had noted when doing chart reviews over the last 3 months prior to this incident that there were issues of short staffing and that many nurses were working double shifts, evenings, and nights then coming back and working the evening shift. The risk manager also noted a pattern of using float nurses to several units.
Using the information from the case study, discuss the following issues from the perspective of the APN Administrator role:
1) What were the standards of care that were violated?
2) Who was responsible for the violations?
In your role:
3) What risk management steps needs to be taken before or after the incident to alleviate the issue?
It is necessary for an RN-BSN-prepared nurse to demonstrate an enhanced understanding of the pathophysiological processes of disease, the clinical manifestations and treatment protocols, and how they affect clients across the life span.
Evaluate the Health History and Medical Information for Mr. C., presented below.
Based on this information, formulate a conclusion based on your evaluation, and complete the Critical Thinking Essay assignment, as instructed below.
Health History and Medical Information
Mr. C., a 32-year-old single male, is seeking information at the outpatient center regarding possible bariatric surgery for his obesity. He currently works at a catalog telephone center. He reports that he has always been heavy, even as a small child, gaining approximately 100 pounds in the last 2-3 years. Previous medical evaluations have not indicated any metabolic diseases, but he says he has sleep apnea and high blood pressure, which he tries to control by restricting dietary sodium. Mr. C. reports increasing shortness of breath with activity, swollen ankles, and pruritus over the last 6 months.
Height: 68 inches; weight 134.5 kg
BP: 172/98, HR 88, RR 26
3+ pitting edema bilateral feet and ankles
Fasting blood glucose: 146 mg/dL
Total cholesterol: 250 mg/dL
Triglycerides: 312 mg/dL
HDL: 30 mg/dL
Serum creatinine 1.8 mg/dL
BUN 32 mg/dl
Critical Thinking Essay
1) Describe the clinical manifestations present in Mr. C.
2) Describe the potential health risks for obesity that are of concern for Mr. C.
3) Discuss whether bariatric surgery is an appropriate intervention.
4) Assess each of Mr. C.’s functional health patterns using the information given.
5) Discuss at least five actual or potential problems can you identify from the functional health patterns and provide the rationale for each. (Functional health patterns include health-perception, health-management, nutritional, metabolic, elimination, activity-exercise, sleep-rest, cognitive-perceptual, self-perception/self-concept, role-relationship, sexuality/reproductive, coping-stress tolerance.)
6) Explain the staging of end-stage renal disease (ESRD) and contributing factors to consider.
7) Consider ESRD prevention and health promotion opportunities. Describe what type of patient education should be provided to Mr. C. for prevention of future events, health restoration, and avoidance of deterioration of renal status.
8) Explain the type of resources available for ESRD patients for nonacute care and the type of multidisciplinary approach that would be beneficial for these patients. Consider aspects such as devices, transportation, living conditions, return-to-employment issues.
At Myrestlab.com, we always work diligently to provide our customers with high-quality nursing assignment help services. We ensure that all papers by our writers possess 100% originality. We also guarantee all students of 100% privacy and confidentiality when working with us.
At Myrestlab.com, our mission is to provide quality services to all students. We, therefore, guarantee money-backs for the rare occasions of satisfaction. Your satisfaction is our goal.Read more
All our nursing assignment help services are 100% original. Each of our professional writers develops custom papers from scratch to reduce the chances of plagiarism. In addition to this, we always run completed papers through advanced anti-plagiarism checkers for 100% originality.Read more
Our free revision guarantee is a courtesy service by Myrestlab.com to ensure that we achieve 100% customer satisfaction rates. In case you feel unsatisfied with the outcome of your paper, you can always request for free unlimited revisions. We recommend a revision request within 14 days after the delivery date for short papers and 30 for dissertations.Read more
Myrestlab.com also guarantee 100 privacy and confidentiality. We do not share any of our customers’ personal details with third parties. We have also fitted our websites with security features to ensure secure connections. Our security features also prevent damages that might occur through attacks by outsiders.Read more
By ordering a paper through My Rest Lab, you agree to receive nursing assignment help services offered by our nursing assignment writers. Our assignment help experts will always endear to provide quality services as promised. We always expect maximum cooperation from our students to help us achieve our mission and vision.Read more