What’s in your Water?
After reading about water quality issues in the U.S. and around the world, we will be examining the water quality in our local communities. There are two types of sources for all fresh water. We get it either from underground sources, such as aquifers, or surface water from lakes, reservoirs, and rivers. In this activity, we will use an interactive website that allows us to look at our local water sources and the contaminants that can be found there.
Completing this activity will assist you in mastering Module Level Outcomes 1 and 2.
1. Go to this Environmental Working Group website, The National Drinking Water Database (Links to an external site.).
2. Click on “Find Your Water” at the top of the page and follow the directions to find your location by entering your zip code into the box on the top right.
3. When the page opens, it lists all the communities and their separate water providers in your zip code.
4. Select the one where you live or work (or closest to where you live) and click on the name of the supplier listed on the left side of the table. NOTE: If you have a private water source, such as a well, for your home, select the closest town or community near your home/work.
5. This opens to a table of contaminants tested for and a summary of all results. There will be four columns for Contaminants, Average/Maximum Result, Health Guidelines Exceeded, Contaminants Legal Limits Exceeded, then a graphic sliding scale for the testing history of results.
6. Scroll over a listed “contaminant” chemical or pollutant, and a pop-up box will give a brief description of where it came from and what it is. If you click on this, it will expand with further information.
Finally, Post to Discussion Board:
1. Tell us your location choice (town, state, etc.) and the name of the specific water supplier you chose.
2. Select one of the contaminants that are listed for your area that exceeded health or legal guidelines (or both), and one of the contaminants that did not.
3. Give a brief description of what these contaminants are and from where they come. For example: Manganese—a naturally occurring mineral that comes from mineral deposits in the soil and industrial use. (This is available by clicking on the contaminant, and a pop-up appears.)
4. How do the results for the contaminants in your water make you feel about your public water supply? Do you think that the government is doing enough to monitor and inform the public? Why or why not?
5. Discuss how this information may impact you and your family. Include any actions you may take going forward and how you might want to help your community if there is a problem.
Your initial post responding to this assignment should be no shorter than 250 words. Include both in-text citations and complete APA style references for all the sources you used to inform your work.
At Myrestlab.com, we always work diligently to provide our customers with high-quality nursing assignment help services. We ensure that all papers by our writers possess 100% originality. We also guarantee all students of 100% privacy and confidentiality when working with us.
At Myrestlab.com, our mission is to provide quality services to all students. We, therefore, guarantee money-backs for the rare occasions of satisfaction. Your satisfaction is our goal.Read more
All our nursing assignment help services are 100% original. Each of our professional writers develops custom papers from scratch to reduce the chances of plagiarism. In addition to this, we always run completed papers through advanced anti-plagiarism checkers for 100% originality.Read more
Our free revision guarantee is a courtesy service by Myrestlab.com to ensure that we achieve 100% customer satisfaction rates. In case you feel unsatisfied with the outcome of your paper, you can always request for free unlimited revisions. We recommend a revision request within 14 days after the delivery date for short papers and 30 for dissertations.Read more
Myrestlab.com also guarantee 100 privacy and confidentiality. We do not share any of our customers’ personal details with third parties. We have also fitted our websites with security features to ensure secure connections. Our security features also prevent damages that might occur through attacks by outsiders.Read more
By ordering a paper through My Rest Lab, you agree to receive nursing assignment help services offered by our nursing assignment writers. Our assignment help experts will always endear to provide quality services as promised. We always expect maximum cooperation from our students to help us achieve our mission and vision.Read more