Chapter 12: Support for students with special needs
Read Pages 135-143
(1 pt. each)
1) What is the ADA? What was the purpose of the amendment in 2008?
2) What does the term disability mean (to you?)
3) What is an Accommodation?
4) What are the academic support services available to you at FNU?
5) What is the process to request Accommodation for a disability as a student?
6) What is the difference between a physical disability and a learning disability?
7) If an SPTA presents with a disability, what employment/ clinical education issues can arise?
a. What is the stance of the ADA on these issues?
REVIEW TABLE 12-4; TECHNICAL STANDARDS
Are you able to do all of these? (think carefully, no written answer required)
Chapter 13: WHEN ENGLISH IS A SECOND LANGUAGE! J
Read Pages 147-153
(1 pt. each)
1) Reading – what technique helps you the most when reading through text?
2) Listening- are you a good listener? Do you understand what is going on in class? What technique do you think will help you the most with your comprehension during lectures?
3) Writing- REVIEW Table 13-3, 13-4 & Table 13-5
a. Proofreading is so important with any written correspondence or academic/ professional assignment.
i. What are 3 resources you can use to help you at FNU or online? (apart from proofreading yourself- which should always be first!)
TEST TAKING; Class discussion – Review Table 13-6
Chapter 14: Re-entry and Career Transition Students
Read Pages 155-160
(1 pt. each)
1) What group are you?
2) What do you think is your biggest struggle with adjusting to college life?
Provide a plan of action of how to use each of the following strategies to manage the re-entry process; (10 pts)
Plan of Action
Re-entry program services
Solicit the Support of the Faculty
Collaborate with your classmates
Involve your family and significant others
Upgrade Technology skills
Be an active listener
Use all your best survival strategies
Don’t take yourself too seriously
At Myrestlab.com, we always work diligently to provide our customers with high-quality nursing assignment help services. We ensure that all papers by our writers possess 100% originality. We also guarantee all students of 100% privacy and confidentiality when working with us.
At Myrestlab.com, our mission is to provide quality services to all students. We, therefore, guarantee money-backs for the rare occasions of satisfaction. Your satisfaction is our goal.Read more
All our nursing assignment help services are 100% original. Each of our professional writers develops custom papers from scratch to reduce the chances of plagiarism. In addition to this, we always run completed papers through advanced anti-plagiarism checkers for 100% originality.Read more
Our free revision guarantee is a courtesy service by Myrestlab.com to ensure that we achieve 100% customer satisfaction rates. In case you feel unsatisfied with the outcome of your paper, you can always request for free unlimited revisions. We recommend a revision request within 14 days after the delivery date for short papers and 30 for dissertations.Read more
Myrestlab.com also guarantee 100 privacy and confidentiality. We do not share any of our customers’ personal details with third parties. We have also fitted our websites with security features to ensure secure connections. Our security features also prevent damages that might occur through attacks by outsiders.Read more
By ordering a paper through My Rest Lab, you agree to receive nursing assignment help services offered by our nursing assignment writers. Our assignment help experts will always endear to provide quality services as promised. We always expect maximum cooperation from our students to help us achieve our mission and vision.Read more