Interview with a Nursing Information Expert:
Guidelines and Grading Rubric
The purpose of this assignment is to
· communicate your understanding of the importance of quality information in everyday nursing practice;
· discuss the roles and responsibilities of a Nursing Information Expert; and
· articulate how the professional nurse uses information/data in every day practice to improve outcomes.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following Course Outcomes.
CO#1: Describe patient-care technologies as appropriate to address the needs of a diverse patient population. (PO#1)
CO#4: Investigate safeguards and decision-making support tools embedded in patient care technologies and information systems to support a safe practice environment for both patients and healthcare workers.
CO#8: Discuss the value of best evidence as a driving force to institute change in delivery of nursing care. (PO#8)
This assignment is worth a total of 225 points.
This assignment, Interview with a Nursing Information Expert, is due at the end of Week 6. Submit your completed Interview, using the Interview Form, to the basket in the Dropbox by Sunday, 11:59 p.m. MT. Post questions to the weekly Q & A Forum. Contact your instructor if you need additional assistance. See the Course Policies regarding late assignments. Failure to submit your paper to the Dropbox on time will result in a deduction of points.
1. Download the NR361 Interview Form from Course Resources. It is found under the Week 6 Interview link.
2. Select your interviewee and schedule an interview. This individual must be a Registered Nurse. Job titles of RNs who may be considered include, but are not limited to, Nursing Clinical Information Manager; Super User, Director/Manger Clinical Education; Chief Information Officer; Quality Assurance or Performance Improvement Nurse; Nurse Informaticist; Telenursing Specialist; Nurse Abstractor; Case Manager; Compliance Nurse. If you have any concerns about whether the RN is suitable for this assignment, contact your instructor BEFORE you schedule the interview.
3. Review all questions (areas of inquiry) on the Interview Form located in Course Resources PRIOR to conducting the interview. You may print the form and take it with you to the interview.
4. Note there are five required questions to ask the RN.
5. Note there are four optional questions. You need to select only one of these to ask the RN.
6. Note there are two follow-up questions that must be answered by you.
Prior to conducting your interview, review two scholarly resources. These resources should guide your understanding of the RN’s role and responsibilities or make you more knowledgeable about GIGO, Interprofessional Communication, or other key concepts in the questions that you may not fully understand. For example, if your interviewee is a telenurse, you would want to review information on this specialty. If you do not know what GIGO means, look it up.
7. Conduct your interview. The length of your interview will vary but should not exceed one hour.
8. Submit the form to the Dropbox prior to the deadline outlined above.
At Myrestlab.com, we always work diligently to provide our customers with high-quality nursing assignment help services. We ensure that all papers by our writers possess 100% originality. We also guarantee all students of 100% privacy and confidentiality when working with us.
At Myrestlab.com, our mission is to provide quality services to all students. We, therefore, guarantee money-backs for the rare occasions of satisfaction. Your satisfaction is our goal.Read more
All our nursing assignment help services are 100% original. Each of our professional writers develops custom papers from scratch to reduce the chances of plagiarism. In addition to this, we always run completed papers through advanced anti-plagiarism checkers for 100% originality.Read more
Our free revision guarantee is a courtesy service by Myrestlab.com to ensure that we achieve 100% customer satisfaction rates. In case you feel unsatisfied with the outcome of your paper, you can always request for free unlimited revisions. We recommend a revision request within 14 days after the delivery date for short papers and 30 for dissertations.Read more
Myrestlab.com also guarantee 100 privacy and confidentiality. We do not share any of our customers’ personal details with third parties. We have also fitted our websites with security features to ensure secure connections. Our security features also prevent damages that might occur through attacks by outsiders.Read more
By ordering a paper through My Rest Lab, you agree to receive nursing assignment help services offered by our nursing assignment writers. Our assignment help experts will always endear to provide quality services as promised. We always expect maximum cooperation from our students to help us achieve our mission and vision.Read more