Heart-Healthy Diet Changes
Dave is a 46-year-old attorney with a family history of heart disease (his father had a heart attack at the age of 56) whose recent blood tests reveal high blood LDL cholesterol and triglyceride levels. His doctor has advised him to eat less fat in his diet. Dave is a self-confessed “foodie” and he enjoys wine and cheese at several social functions each week. He cooks with “real” butter at home and uses half milk and half cream in his coffee. Although fairly inactive, Dave keeps his weight stable at 170 pounds. He is 5 feet 10 inches tall.
1. What factors may be contributing to Dave’s elevated cholesterol and triglyceride levels?
2. From the history given, identify the main sources of saturated fat in Dave’s diet. What are some reasonable changes he could make to lower his intake of saturated fat from these foods?
3. Assume Dave eats about 2000 kcalories a day and that his doctor has advised him to limit his fat intake to 35 percent of his daily kcalories. Refer to the “How to” feature (p. 155) of this chapter to calculate his personal Daily Value for fat.
4. According to the 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans, what is the maximum percentage of kcalories from saturated fat that Dave should consume each day? Remembering that 1 gram of fat contains 9 kcalories, calculate the maximum grams of saturated fat that Dave should eat each day based on his daily intake of 2000 kcalories.
5. Using information from Highlight 5, what additional advice would you offer Dave to improve his heart health?
6. Plan a one-day menu for Dave with higher amounts of healthful fatty acids and lower amounts of harmful fatty acids.
At Myrestlab.com, we always work diligently to provide our customers with high-quality nursing assignment help services. We ensure that all papers by our writers possess 100% originality. We also guarantee all students of 100% privacy and confidentiality when working with us.
At Myrestlab.com, our mission is to provide quality services to all students. We, therefore, guarantee money-backs for the rare occasions of satisfaction. Your satisfaction is our goal.Read more
All our nursing assignment help services are 100% original. Each of our professional writers develops custom papers from scratch to reduce the chances of plagiarism. In addition to this, we always run completed papers through advanced anti-plagiarism checkers for 100% originality.Read more
Our free revision guarantee is a courtesy service by Myrestlab.com to ensure that we achieve 100% customer satisfaction rates. In case you feel unsatisfied with the outcome of your paper, you can always request for free unlimited revisions. We recommend a revision request within 14 days after the delivery date for short papers and 30 for dissertations.Read more
Myrestlab.com also guarantee 100 privacy and confidentiality. We do not share any of our customers’ personal details with third parties. We have also fitted our websites with security features to ensure secure connections. Our security features also prevent damages that might occur through attacks by outsiders.Read more
By ordering a paper through My Rest Lab, you agree to receive nursing assignment help services offered by our nursing assignment writers. Our assignment help experts will always endear to provide quality services as promised. We always expect maximum cooperation from our students to help us achieve our mission and vision.Read more