Assignment: Evidence-Based Project, Part 5: Recommending an Evidence-Based Practice Change
The collection of evidence is an activity that occurs with an endgame in mind. For example, law enforcement professionals collect evidence to support a decision to charge those accused of criminal activity. Similarly, evidence-based healthcare practitioners collect evidence to support decisions in pursuit of specific healthcare outcomes.
In this Assignment, you will identify an issue or opportunity for change within your healthcare organization and propose an idea for a change in practice supported by an EBP approach.
· Reflect on the four peer-reviewed articles you critically appraised in Module 4, related to your clinical topic of interest and PICOT.
· Reflect on your current healthcare organization and think about potential opportunities for evidence-based change, using your topic of interest and PICOT as the basis for your reflection.
The Assignment: (Evidence-Based Project)
Part 5: Recommending an Evidence-Based Practice Change
Create an 8- to 9-slide PowerPoint presentation in which you do the following:
· Briefly describe your healthcare organization, including its culture and readiness for change. (You may opt to keep various elements of this anonymous, such as your company name.)
· Describe the current problem or opportunity for change. Include in this description the circumstances surrounding the need for change, the scope of the issue, the stakeholders involved, and the risks associated with change implementation in general.
· Propose an evidence-based idea for a change in practice using an EBP approach to decision making. Note that you may find further research needs to be conducted if sufficient evidence is not discovered.
· Describe your plan for knowledge transfer of this change, including knowledge creation, dissemination, and organizational adoption and implementation.
· Describe the measurable outcomes you hope to achieve with the implementation of this evidence-based change.
· Be sure to provide APA citations of the supporting evidence-based peer reviewed articles you selected to support your thinking.
· Add a lessons learned section that includes the following:
o A summary of the critical appraisal of the peer-reviewed articles you previously submitted
o An explanation about what you learned from completing the Evaluation Table within the Critical Appraisal Tool Worksheet Template (1-3 slides)
TOPIC: Falls and Prevention of Fall in our Healthcare Facilities
P: Adult and geriatric hospitalized population
I: Individual nursing intervention
C: A multicomponent fall prevention program
O: Decreasing inpatient falls
T: Time frame
The PICO(T) question : What evidenced Based nursing intervention can reduce falls in the hospital settings among adults and the geriatric population?
Peer Reviewed Articles
Bechdel, B., Bowman, C., & Haley, C. (2014). Prevention of Falls: Applying AACN’s Healthy Work Environment Standards to a Fall Campaign. Critical Care Nurse, 34(5), 75–79. https://doi-org.ezp.waldenulibrary.org/10.4037/ccn2014987
(November 9, 2015 Monday). TJC: Time to curb patient falls in healthcare settings. ED Management. Retrieved from https://advance-lexis-com.ezp.waldenulibrary.org/api/document?collection=news&id=urn:contentItem:5HBV-SJB1-JBDY-B361-00000-00&context=1516831.
Quigley, P. A. (2016). Evidence Levels: Applied to Select Fall and Fall Injury Prevention Practices. Rehabilitation Nursing : The Official Journal of the Association of Rehabilitation Nurses, 41(1), 5–15. https://doi-org.ezp.waldenulibrary.org/10.1002/rnj.253
Robey-Williams, C., Rush, K. L., Bendyk, H., Patton, L. M., Chamberlain, D., & Sparks, T. (2007). Spartanburg Fall Risk Assessment Tool: a simple three-step process. Applied Nursing Research : ANR, 20(2), 86–93.
At Myrestlab.com, we always work diligently to provide our customers with high-quality nursing assignment help services. We ensure that all papers by our writers possess 100% originality. We also guarantee all students of 100% privacy and confidentiality when working with us.
At Myrestlab.com, our mission is to provide quality services to all students. We, therefore, guarantee money-backs for the rare occasions of satisfaction. Your satisfaction is our goal.Read more
All our nursing assignment help services are 100% original. Each of our professional writers develops custom papers from scratch to reduce the chances of plagiarism. In addition to this, we always run completed papers through advanced anti-plagiarism checkers for 100% originality.Read more
Our free revision guarantee is a courtesy service by Myrestlab.com to ensure that we achieve 100% customer satisfaction rates. In case you feel unsatisfied with the outcome of your paper, you can always request for free unlimited revisions. We recommend a revision request within 14 days after the delivery date for short papers and 30 for dissertations.Read more
Myrestlab.com also guarantee 100 privacy and confidentiality. We do not share any of our customers’ personal details with third parties. We have also fitted our websites with security features to ensure secure connections. Our security features also prevent damages that might occur through attacks by outsiders.Read more
By ordering a paper through My Rest Lab, you agree to receive nursing assignment help services offered by our nursing assignment writers. Our assignment help experts will always endear to provide quality services as promised. We always expect maximum cooperation from our students to help us achieve our mission and vision.Read more