Based on the information in this video, Meridian Diagnostics Inc. decided to produce an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (EIA test kit) to screen for presence of Salmonella heidelberg, so patients who became sickened, could be diagnosed quickly and treated. Patient blood samples could be tested for presence of the S. heidelberg bacteria as opposed to other Genera and species of bacteria.
1. With this information, by constructing a 2-by-2 table, calculate the predictive-value positive and predictive-value negative of the EIA in a hypothetical population of 1,000,000 blood donors. Using a separate 2-by-2 table, calculate PVP and PVN for a population of 1000 ill patients. Assume that the actual prevalence of S. heidelberg among blood donors is 0.04% (0.0004) and that of people who ate Foster’s chicken is 10.0% (0.10).
2. Do you think that the EIA is a good screening test for the hospital? Why or why not?
3. Do you think that the EIA performs well enough to justify using the test outcomes in court cases? Why or why not?
4. If sensitivity and specificity remain constant, what is the relationship of prevalence to predictive-value positive and predictive-value negative?
Given their success with the EIA for S. heidelberg, Meridian Diagnostics decided to perfect their design, and use it to produce an EIA to test for E. coli O157 H7.
5. With this information, by constructing a 2-by-2 table, calculate the predictive-value positive and predictive-value negative of the EIA in a hypothetical population of 500,000 blood donors. Using a separate 2-by-2 table, calculate PVP and PVN for a population of 600 ill patients. Assume that the actual prevalence of E. coli among blood donors is 0.02% (0.0002) and that of people who ate Jack-In-the-Box hamburgers is 15.0% (0.15).
Link for homework
At Myrestlab.com, we always work diligently to provide our customers with high-quality nursing assignment help services. We ensure that all papers by our writers possess 100% originality. We also guarantee all students of 100% privacy and confidentiality when working with us.
At Myrestlab.com, our mission is to provide quality services to all students. We, therefore, guarantee money-backs for the rare occasions of satisfaction. Your satisfaction is our goal.Read more
All our nursing assignment help services are 100% original. Each of our professional writers develops custom papers from scratch to reduce the chances of plagiarism. In addition to this, we always run completed papers through advanced anti-plagiarism checkers for 100% originality.Read more
Our free revision guarantee is a courtesy service by Myrestlab.com to ensure that we achieve 100% customer satisfaction rates. In case you feel unsatisfied with the outcome of your paper, you can always request for free unlimited revisions. We recommend a revision request within 14 days after the delivery date for short papers and 30 for dissertations.Read more
Myrestlab.com also guarantee 100 privacy and confidentiality. We do not share any of our customers’ personal details with third parties. We have also fitted our websites with security features to ensure secure connections. Our security features also prevent damages that might occur through attacks by outsiders.Read more
By ordering a paper through My Rest Lab, you agree to receive nursing assignment help services offered by our nursing assignment writers. Our assignment help experts will always endear to provide quality services as promised. We always expect maximum cooperation from our students to help us achieve our mission and vision.Read more