Analytical chemistry calculations
1. (5 marks) Calculate the solubility product of Hg2SO4 using the following half-reactions: reduction of Hg2SO4(s) to Hg(l) and reduction of Hg22+ to Hg(l).
2. (5 marks) An electrochemical cell is constructed in which both electrodes are made of platinum, but in which one electrode is in contact with an aqueous solution containing [Fe2+]=0.0765M and [Fe3+]=0.176M while the other electrode is in contact with an aqueous solution containing [Ce4+]=0.0376M and [Ce3+]=0.0987M. The two half-cells are connected with a salt bridge of saturated KNO3.What is the potential of this cell at 35.0°C? What is K value for net cell reaction at 35.0°C?
3. (5 marks) Calculate [H+], given the electrochemical cell shown below has an Ecell =1.018 V. The Eo for Fe3+/Fe2+ = 0.771 V and Eo for UO22+/ U4+ = 0.273 V.
Pt(s) | UO22+ (0 .050 M), U4+ (0.050 M), HCO2H (0.1 M), HCO2Na (0.3 M) || Fe3+(0.050 M), Fe2+ (0.025 M) |Pt(s)
4. Calculate the potential of the solution (vs. S.C.E.) in the titration of 50.0 mL of 0.100 M Fe2+ in 1.00M HClO4 with 0.0167 M Cr2O72- at
(a) (4 marks) 10.0 mL titrant added
(b) (2 marks) 25.0 mL titrant added
(c) (4 marks) 49.9 ml titrant added (hint: may need to use an approximation)
(d) (3 marks) 60.0 mL titrant added.
(e) (7 marks) Plot the titration curve using Excel or other spreadsheet software.
(f) (2 marks) What would be a suitable redox indicator for this titration and why?
5. Calculate the potential of the solution (vs. S.C.E.) in the titration of 50.0 mL of 0.100 M Fe2+ in 1.00M HClO4 with 0.100 M Cr2O72- at
(a) (2 marks) 3.0 mL titrant added
(b) (2 marks) 7.0 mL titrant added
(c) (2 marks) 8.40 ml titrant added
(d) (5 marks) Plot the titration curve using Excel or other spreadsheet software. How does the curve compare to the curve obtained in Question 4?
(e) (2 marks) What parameter would you change in redox titration to make the equivalence point easier to detect? Answer the question both in (i) general terms and with specific suggestions for this particular titration.
Displaying messages 1 – 2 of 2
At Myrestlab.com, we always work diligently to provide our customers with high-quality nursing assignment help services. We ensure that all papers by our writers possess 100% originality. We also guarantee all students of 100% privacy and confidentiality when working with us.
At Myrestlab.com, our mission is to provide quality services to all students. We, therefore, guarantee money-backs for the rare occasions of satisfaction. Your satisfaction is our goal.Read more
All our nursing assignment help services are 100% original. Each of our professional writers develops custom papers from scratch to reduce the chances of plagiarism. In addition to this, we always run completed papers through advanced anti-plagiarism checkers for 100% originality.Read more
Our free revision guarantee is a courtesy service by Myrestlab.com to ensure that we achieve 100% customer satisfaction rates. In case you feel unsatisfied with the outcome of your paper, you can always request for free unlimited revisions. We recommend a revision request within 14 days after the delivery date for short papers and 30 for dissertations.Read more
Myrestlab.com also guarantee 100 privacy and confidentiality. We do not share any of our customers’ personal details with third parties. We have also fitted our websites with security features to ensure secure connections. Our security features also prevent damages that might occur through attacks by outsiders.Read more
By ordering a paper through My Rest Lab, you agree to receive nursing assignment help services offered by our nursing assignment writers. Our assignment help experts will always endear to provide quality services as promised. We always expect maximum cooperation from our students to help us achieve our mission and vision.Read more