The purpose of this assignment is to provide the student an opportunity to reflect on selected RN-BSN competencies acquired through the NUR4636 course.
This assignment provides documentation of student ability to meet the following course outcomes:
– The students will be able to recognize the different level of prevention and apply them in the community (ACCN Essential I, II, IV, V, VII; QSEN: safety, evidence-based practice, teamwork and collaboration, quality improvement, informatics, and patient-centered care).
– This course will enable the student to place in practice methods of health prevention, promotion and restoration in the communities (ACCN Essential I, II, IV, V, VII; QSEN: safety, evidence-based practice, and teamwork and collaboration, quality improvement, informatics, and patient.
– The students will be able to educate the communities about the different ways to prevent illness and promote health (ACCN Essential I, II, IV, V, VII; QSEN: safety, evidence-based practice, teamwork, and collaboration, quality improvement, informatics, and patient-centered care).
– The student will understand the different tools available to put in place and in the hands of the communities in order to keep them healthy (ACCN Essential I, II, IV, V, VII; QSEN: safety, evidence-based practice, teamwork and collaboration, quality improvement, informatics, and patient-centered care).
This assignment is worth a total of 100 points (10%).
Submit your completed assignment under the Assignment tab by Sunday 11:59 p.m. EST of Week 15 as directed.
1. The Course Reflection is worth 100 points (10%) and will be graded on quality of self-assessment, use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, sentence structure, and overall organization based on the required components as summarized in the directions and grading criteria/rubric.
2. Follow the directions and grading criteria closely. Any questions about your essay may be posted under the Q & A forum under the Discussions tab.
3. The length of the reflection is to be within three to six pages excluding title page and reference pages.
4. APA format is required with both a title page and reference page. Use the required components of the review as Level 1 headers (upper and lower case, centered):
Note: Introduction – Write an introduction but do not use “Introduction” as a heading in accordance with the rules put forth in the Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (2010, p. 63).
a. Course Reflection
The BSN Essentials (AACN, 2008) outline a number of healthcare policy and advocacy competencies for the BSN-prepared nurse. Reflect on the NUR4636 course readings, discussion threads, and applications you have completed across this course and write a reflective essay regarding the extent to which you feel you are now prepared to:
1. “Demonstrate basic knowledge of healthcare policy, finance, and regulatory environments, including local, state, national, and global healthcare trends.
2. Describe how health care is organized and financed, including the implications of business principles, such as patient and system cost factors.
3. Compare the benefits and limitations of the major forms of reimbursement on the delivery of healthcare services.
4. Examine legislative and regulatory processes relevant to the provision of health care.
5. Describe state and national statutes, rules, and regulations that authorize and define professional nursing practice.
6. Explore the impact of sociocultural, economic, legal, and political factors influencing healthcare delivery and practice.
7. Examine the roles and responsibilities of the regulatory agencies and their effect on patient care quality, workplace safety, and the scope of nursing and other health professionals’ practice.
8. Discuss the implications of healthcare policy on issues of access, equity, affordability, and social justice in healthcare delivery.
9. Use an ethical framework to evaluate the impact of social policies on health care, especially for vulnerable populations.
10. Articulate, through a nursing perspective, issues concerning healthcare delivery to decision makers within healthcare organizations and other policy arenas.
11. Participate as a nursing professional in political processes and grassroots legislative efforts to influence healthcare policy.
12. Advocate for consumers and the nursing profession.
13. Assess protective and predictive factors, including genetics, which influence the health of individuals, families, groups, communities, and populations.
14. Conduct a health history, including environmental exposure and a family history that recognizes genetic risks, to identify current and future health problems.
15. Assess health/illness beliefs, values, attitudes, and practices of individuals, families, groups, communities, and populations.
16. Use behavioral change techniques to promote health and manage illness.
17. Use evidence based practices to guide health teaching, health counseling, screening, outreach, disease and outbreak investigation, referral, and follow-up throughout the lifespan.
18. Use information and communication technologies in preventive care.
19. Collaborate with other healthcare professionals and patients to provide spiritually and culturally appropriate health promotion and disease and injury prevention interventions.
20. Assess the health, healthcare, and emergency preparedness needs of a defined population.
21. Use clinical judgment and decision-making skills in appropriate, timely nursing care during disaster, mass casualty, and other emergency situations.
22. Collaborate with others to develop an intervention plan that takes into account determinants of health, available resources, and the range of activities that contribute to health and the prevention of illness, injury, disability, and premature death.
23. Participate in clinical prevention and population focused interventions with attention to effectiveness, efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and equity.
24. Advocate for social justice, including a commitment to the health of vulnerable populations and the elimination of health disparities.
25. Use evaluation results to influence the delivery of care, deployment of resources, and to provide input into the development of policies to promote health and prevent disease.” (pp. 20-21, 24-25).
American Association of Colleges of Nursing [AACN]. (2008). The essentials of baccalaureate education for professional nursing practice. Washington, DC: Author.
At Myrestlab.com, we always work diligently to provide our customers with high-quality nursing assignment help services. We ensure that all papers by our writers possess 100% originality. We also guarantee all students of 100% privacy and confidentiality when working with us.
At Myrestlab.com, our mission is to provide quality services to all students. We, therefore, guarantee money-backs for the rare occasions of satisfaction. Your satisfaction is our goal.Read more
All our nursing assignment help services are 100% original. Each of our professional writers develops custom papers from scratch to reduce the chances of plagiarism. In addition to this, we always run completed papers through advanced anti-plagiarism checkers for 100% originality.Read more
Our free revision guarantee is a courtesy service by Myrestlab.com to ensure that we achieve 100% customer satisfaction rates. In case you feel unsatisfied with the outcome of your paper, you can always request for free unlimited revisions. We recommend a revision request within 14 days after the delivery date for short papers and 30 for dissertations.Read more
Myrestlab.com also guarantee 100 privacy and confidentiality. We do not share any of our customers’ personal details with third parties. We have also fitted our websites with security features to ensure secure connections. Our security features also prevent damages that might occur through attacks by outsiders.Read more
By ordering a paper through My Rest Lab, you agree to receive nursing assignment help services offered by our nursing assignment writers. Our assignment help experts will always endear to provide quality services as promised. We always expect maximum cooperation from our students to help us achieve our mission and vision.Read more