Case Study: Burns
Anthony M. is a 56-year old male admitted to the ER with burns to the anterior right arm, left leg, anterior torso, and face from a kitchen grease fire. On the scene, he was awake and alert, complaining of severe pains. Intravenous fluids were started and an oxygen mask at 50% was also administered. He was placed on backboard prior to transport to the ER.
In the ER, the nurse and the physician noted Anthony to be having voice hoarseness, reddened eyes, blisters around the mouth, and difficulty breathing. The right arm and torso have shiny, bright red burn wounds. Foley catheter was inserted; Morphine was given for pain.
Answer the following questions:
1. Using the Rule of Nine, calculate the percentage of body surface area burned that Anthony has suffered. (1 point)
2. What criteria will qualify Anthony to be transported to a major burn hospital? (2 points)
3. Is Anthony a high risk for inhalation injury? If so, what are the factors that determine his inhalation injury? What is the emergent treatment for inhalation injury? (2 points)
4. Compare and contrast the types of burns according to depth of injury. (2 points)
5. Discuss the different pathologic changes that happen on burn injury in relation to the following areas: (2 points)
Fluid shifting and electrolyte imbalance
6. Name at least 3 major complications that occur in burn injury. (1 point)
At Myrestlab.com, we always work diligently to provide our customers with high-quality nursing assignment help services. We ensure that all papers by our writers possess 100% originality. We also guarantee all students of 100% privacy and confidentiality when working with us.
At Myrestlab.com, our mission is to provide quality services to all students. We, therefore, guarantee money-backs for the rare occasions of satisfaction. Your satisfaction is our goal.Read more
All our nursing assignment help services are 100% original. Each of our professional writers develops custom papers from scratch to reduce the chances of plagiarism. In addition to this, we always run completed papers through advanced anti-plagiarism checkers for 100% originality.Read more
Our free revision guarantee is a courtesy service by Myrestlab.com to ensure that we achieve 100% customer satisfaction rates. In case you feel unsatisfied with the outcome of your paper, you can always request for free unlimited revisions. We recommend a revision request within 14 days after the delivery date for short papers and 30 for dissertations.Read more
Myrestlab.com also guarantee 100 privacy and confidentiality. We do not share any of our customers’ personal details with third parties. We have also fitted our websites with security features to ensure secure connections. Our security features also prevent damages that might occur through attacks by outsiders.Read more
By ordering a paper through My Rest Lab, you agree to receive nursing assignment help services offered by our nursing assignment writers. Our assignment help experts will always endear to provide quality services as promised. We always expect maximum cooperation from our students to help us achieve our mission and vision.Read more