Lab 1 – Introduction to Science
Exercise 1: The Scientific Method
Table 4: Water Quality vs. Fish Population
Dissolved Oxygen (ppm) 0 2 4 6 8 10 12 14 16 18
Number of Fish Observed 0 1 3 10 12 13 15 10 12 13
Dissolved oxygen is oxygen that is trapped in a fluid, such as water. Since many living organisms require oxygen to survive, it is a necessary component of water systems such as streams, lakes, and rivers in order to support aquatic life. The dissolved oxygen is measured in units of parts per million (ppm). Examine the data in Table 4 showing the amount of dissolved oxygen present and the number of fish observed in the body of water the sample was taken from and then answer the questions below.
1. Make an observation – Based on the data in Table 4, describe the relationship between dissolved oxygen content and fish populations in the body of water. Discuss the pattern observed in the data set.
2. Do background research – Utilizing at least one scholarly source, describe how variations in dissolved oxygen content in a body of water can affect fish populations.
3. Construct a hypothesis – Based on your observation in Question 1 and your background research in Question 2, develop a hypothesis statement that addresses the relationship between dissolved oxygen in the water sample and the number of fish observed in the body of water.
4. Test with an experiment – Describe an experiment that would allow you to test your hypothesis from question 3. This description must provide ample detail to show knowledge of experimental design and should list the independent and dependent variables, as well as your control.
5. Analyze results – Assume that your experiment produces results identical to those seen in Table 4, what type of graph would be appropriate for displaying the data and why?
6. Analyze results – Graph the data from Table 4 and describe what your graph looks like (you do not have to submit a picture of the actual graph).
7. Draw conclusions – Interpret the data from the graph made in Question 6. What conclusions can you make based on the results of this graph?
8. Draw conclusions – Assuming that your experiment produced results identical to those seen in Table 4, would you reject or accept the hypothesis that you produced in question 3? Explain how you determined this.
Any sources utilized should be listed here.
At Myrestlab.com, we always work diligently to provide our customers with high-quality nursing assignment help services. We ensure that all papers by our writers possess 100% originality. We also guarantee all students of 100% privacy and confidentiality when working with us.
At Myrestlab.com, our mission is to provide quality services to all students. We, therefore, guarantee money-backs for the rare occasions of satisfaction. Your satisfaction is our goal.Read more
All our nursing assignment help services are 100% original. Each of our professional writers develops custom papers from scratch to reduce the chances of plagiarism. In addition to this, we always run completed papers through advanced anti-plagiarism checkers for 100% originality.Read more
Our free revision guarantee is a courtesy service by Myrestlab.com to ensure that we achieve 100% customer satisfaction rates. In case you feel unsatisfied with the outcome of your paper, you can always request for free unlimited revisions. We recommend a revision request within 14 days after the delivery date for short papers and 30 for dissertations.Read more
Myrestlab.com also guarantee 100 privacy and confidentiality. We do not share any of our customers’ personal details with third parties. We have also fitted our websites with security features to ensure secure connections. Our security features also prevent damages that might occur through attacks by outsiders.Read more
By ordering a paper through My Rest Lab, you agree to receive nursing assignment help services offered by our nursing assignment writers. Our assignment help experts will always endear to provide quality services as promised. We always expect maximum cooperation from our students to help us achieve our mission and vision.Read more